US, British and French Troops Were in Syria Back in December
March 8, 2012 • 9:00AM

According to a Wikileaks' Stratfor data dump, it is revealed that the U.S., along with France and Britain, had begun planning terror attacks and assassinations inside Syria back in December to replace the Bashar al-Assad regime, Infowars reported.

An email, written by Reva Bhalla, Stratfor's Director of Analysis, contained details of a December 6 Pentagon meeting attended by members of the USAF strategic studies group along with four military officers at the Lieutenant Colonel level, including one French and one British representative. Bhalla was told by the military officials that, despite official claims to the contrary, foreign troops from NATO powers were already on the ground in Syria. After a couple hours of talking, they said, without saying, that Special Ops teams (presumably from US, UK, France, Jordan, Turkey) were already on the ground focused on reconnaissance missions and training opposition forces, stated the email.

In that e-mail, Bhalla described how the mission of the undercover commandos was hypothetically to commit guerrilla attacks and assassination campaigns, to try to break the back of the Alawite forces [Assad's support base], to elicit collapse from within. In other words, the NATO powers had already directed Special Forces troops stationed inside Syria to carry out terrorist attacks and assassinations in an effort to topple President President Bashar al-Assad.

The email stated that such actions should be ready within a 2- to 3-month time period. Bhalla described how a destabilization campaign was preferred to air strikes, because, as contrasted to the situation faced in Libya, Syrian air defenses are far more robust and are much denser.